Approved Board Nominations for 2019 Election at General Membership MeetingAugust 15, 2019
On Saturday, August 31st, 2019, Ocean Beach & Yacht Club will hold its annual end-of-season General Membership Meeting. At this meeting, three (3) Board positions will be open up for election. Members attending the meeting will be asked to vote for the three people whom they wish to see serve the Board for a 3-year term. Members not in attendance may submit a proxy vote by contacting Board Secretary Charotte Flohl at firstname.lastname@example.org
The three Board terms that are coming to an end include:
- Steve Mangeri
- Evan Murray
- Anna Fiore (vis-a-vis Dana Reinhold)
2019 Board of Governors Candidates
Below is a list of all candidates who have submit their name for your consideration, and meet the eligibility requirements by our By-Laws. These candidates are listed in alphabetical order.
- Anthony Castello – 30 year veteran of the Commercial Insurance Industry,. Past Board President of the Highland Briars Condo Assoc, Ridegfield, NJ. Current secretary of the Oradell Volunteer Fire Department. 20 year member of the Fire Service. Owner in OB since 2013.
- Why I Wish to Serve: Community is changing due to results of Sandy. Influx of renters. Maintain the spirit of family and pride of ownership in our community.
- Anna Fiore (incumbent) – I have been a member of the OBYC Community for 31 years. My husband Andy served on the Board for 13 years. We raised our daughter Alexis since birth in this community and we have been actively involved in all aspects. This year begins our 3rd year of living here full time. I have filled in on the Board since the resignation of our special events coordinator and have enjoyed continuing with our events as well as introducing a few new ones.
- Why I Wish to Serve: Going forward if I am still on the Board I will continue to work for all of you as well as continuing to keep our communities integrity intact. I have had the pleasure of working with a wonderful group of people and look forward to expanding our special events committee as well as creating new and exciting ways to profit the community.
- Jeff Liddle – After graduating from Fairfield University ’99 with a BS in Finance I have worked in sales and leadership roles with some of the largest financial and insurance firms including Merrill Lynch, John Hancock, Metlife and Transamerica. I am currently a benefits consultant with NFP (5th largest benefits consultant worldwide) working with Fortune 1000 firms as well a managing our NJ office. Outside of work I am extremely active in the community. I was selected to be a member of the Roseland Recreation Committee as well at the Roseland Environmental Commission. I am a volunteer coach for my daughter’s basketball and softball teams, as well as a volunteer coach for my son’s hockey and football teams.
- Why I Wish to Serve: I am interested in serving because I love our community and want to ensure that it remains a great family oriented and tight knit community for years to come. We bought our house in 2012 just prior to Sandy and would not want to be anywhere else. I have a passion to serve and give back to my community and would people the oppotunity to help guide our community.
- Steve Mangeri (incumbent) – Business owner 20+ years. Secretary of local Sportsman Club 30+ years. 7 year member of local Chamber of Commerce. Christian Service Brigade leader 8 years. 9 year member of local Business Networking Association, various positions. 7 year homeowner at Ocean Beach II. 5 year member of the Board of Directors at Ocean Beach II. Married 30+ years, 2 children.
- Why I Wish to Serve: I have felt a strong sense of community here since my family and I became homeowners in OBYC. When I saw the way the community came together after the storm I knew my family was in the perfect place for us. I volunteered to help in the efforts to rebuild the beach front and the clubhouse and was impressed with the community’s willingness to work together. I was honored to be asked to serve on the Board of directors to fill in a vacancy. It has been a pleasure to get to know our board members and to serve OBII. I am excited for the opportunity to continue to serve our community going forward.
- Evan Murray (incumbent) – Current member of the OBYC Board of Governors; Current member of the Scotch Plains-Fanwood Board of Education; Current member of the Scotch Plains Public Library Board of Trustees; Former Township Representative to the Union County Community Development Committee; Past President of Kappa Delta Rho Fraternity of West Chester University; Past VP and Treasurer of Order of Omega Honor Fraternity of West Chester University; Past member of the West Chester University Judicial Board; University Ambassador to prospective students; Former Secretary and Equipment Manager at Clark Pop Warner Football
- Why I Wish to Serve: I have always been passionate about volunteering. It is something that I have enjoyed since I was a young man and have continued to instill in my children. I have been married to my wife Debra for 18 years and we have 2 wonderful children. I have been employed by PGIM Fixed Income for the past 23 years and in my current capacity serve as Vice President, Global Portfolio Administration within the Fixed Income Operations department in Newark.I continue to be interested in serving on the Board of Governors because I am passionate about being part of something that I believe in. In the time we have been residents of OB2, we have really felt the sense of community. This is a community that we can all call home. The greatest feeling in the world is knowing that my children are safe whether they are playing within the community or on the beach and playing in the ocean.I have been on the Board of Governors since April 2017. Since being appointed, I have co-chaired the Buildings and Grounds Committee, where we have made numerous improvements including new decking on the bay front, new benches by the bay, landscaping along Rt 35 by the playground, as well as numerous other improvements. In addition, I have served as Chair of the By-Laws committee as well as assisting on the Safety Committee. I have been committed to continuing to make OB2 a place for growing friendships and an enjoyable beach community for all of our members to enjoy.I believe my proven ability to collaborate effectively has been an asset to the OB2 Board of Governors as well as the owners of this wonderful community. For these reasons, I am requesting your consideration to afford me the opportunity to continue as a member of the Board of Governors of this great community.
If you cannot attend the General Membership Meeting and wish to place a proxy vote, please contact Board Secretary Charotte Flohl at email@example.com. Your proxy must be in writing. We strongly encourage our entire membership to attend and to place their vote, as these decisions help shape the future of our community!